Tuesday, January 20, 2009

State of the Union

It's Inauguration Day, a time to reflect on the state of our union and what we can do to make our nation better.

As we celebrate a new page in history, I started thinking about another celebrated union. With all the fuss, the nerves, the pomp and circumstance just to reach that one special day, it's easy to get caught up in the excitement of a wedding, but remember: a wedding is one day, but a marriage is forever.

Which is why I love what President Obama has to say about his ever so stylish and amazing wife, Michelle:

Describing Michelle as "alluring" and with "a strong personality," the future President says, "if you look deep into her eyes, there’s a certain vulnerability. In any case, I see it even if most don’t realize it: she goes through life tall, beautiful, confident, very able…There’s a part of her that is fragile, young, sometimes scared, and I think these are contradictions that attracted me to her. And she makes me very happy. She is very familiar to me and so I can be myself around her, she knows me well, I completely trust her, but at the same time in certain respects she remains a mystery to me."

How romantic! You're one lucky lady Mrs. O!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...